1.03.2009

Fashion Friday and Weekend Web Mashup Y'all

Sorry I missed yesterday's post, oh nonexistent blog readers. I hope you weren't paralyzed with dissapointment. The day was crazy busy what with tailoring my bridesmaid dress three hours before the wedding and fixing my cousin after she came over with sloppy makeup and ridiculous hair. I think she was attacked by my aunt. The wedding was great, in case you were wondering. I didn't trip or pass out. Success!

For the belated fashion post, I have one blog I'd like to share. It's called Ambiguous Alliterative Abomination and the name alone should be enough to convince you of its awesomeness. It's also written by a precocious sixteen year old. Band together youth of blogdom! Her posts are fresh and intelligent. If Audrey Hepburn shopped in the clearance bin at Anthropologie, she would look like this girl. And yes, that's a compliment. Do take a look.

I know we already had DIY day, but I decided I'd save this little beauty for today, because, let's face it, I keep forgetting to take pictures of my daily style. I made this skirt based on a project in the book Complete Embellishing. I tailored a previously owned pencil skirt to be laughably narrow at the bottom, so I have to take itty bitty secretary steps, and then sewed on various grosgrain ribbons I got at wal-mart. The book said to secure the ribbons with fabric glue before sewing them on, big no no. The glue makes the ribbons look wet, so now there's unintentional grease polka dots everywhere. Whatever, this was so labor intensive I honestly don't care.



For the weekend web mashup, I'm going to leave you with a list of links of odd, random, cool, pretty, intense, strange things I find on the internet that you may or may not find interesting. Someday I might post interesting and informative articles on the merits of CSS and how the W3 consortum should regulate security issues. But I really don't feel qualified or inspired, and I have a feeling you'll enjoy these a lot more.

BBC Psychology Test--Disgust (What's your sensitivity to disgust? Warning: ew, ew, ew, ew)
Celebrity Face Recognition (Apparently I look like Rachel McAdams and Selma Blair?)
The List Universe (Who doesn't love lists?)
Kingdom of Loathing Game (An adventurer is you!)

See you Monday. Have a nice Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment